FYI – You can check out our “overview” page for more information not listed below.
Are essential oils safe for kids?
- Essential oils can be wonderful for children! Depending on the oils used, we recommend kids be above the age of 2, as children are less tolerant to the concentrated chemical constituents found within the oils. Their systems are less likely to process some essential oils effectively.
- Children ages 3 & up, use essential oils by diluting them with carrier oils. We recommend a 1-2 percent dilution rate, roughly 5-10 drops of essential oil per 1 ounce of carrier.
- Carrier oils, butters, and hydrosols are safe and wonderful for use on any age of child! It is best to always test a small area first.
Are essential oils safe for seniors?
- We have so much love for the ones who have paved the way for us! Naturally, within the aging process, those who have delicate and fragile skin will have more things to be aware of when using essential oils.
- Be sure to always contact your healthcare provider before using essential oils, as it could have adverse effects if used in conjunction with prescribed medication.
- But of course, aromatherapy can be wonderful and renewing at any age! We do recommend using a 1-2 percent dilution rate for our seniors, meaning one should provide 1-2 ounces of carrier product with 5-10 drops of essential oil.
Are your oils organic?
- All of IOwoii LLC’s essential oils are either certified organic, wildcrafted, or organically crafted. All of our oils and natural aromatherapy products are free of chemicals, herbicides, and pesticides. This supports the health and vitality of the soil, the plant, and therefore the essential oil itself.
Do I need to keep my carrier products inside of the refrigerator?
- The preference is yours! Carrier oils do have the tendency to solidify or coagulate, forming small solids in cool temperatures. You may want to store them at room temperature or place in warm water so they are easier to work with after refrigeration.
- We do recommend you refrigerate pure aloe vera, as it is not an oil and does best in these cooler temperatures.
Do I need to keep my essential oils in the refrigerator?
- The choice is completely up to you! We do advise keeping your oils in a cool, dark location and away from direct sunlight to reduce the risk of oxidation.
Do I need to keep my hydrosols inside of the refrigerator?
- Refrigerating your hydrosols is a great idea! If you wish, hydrosols can be frozen, keeping in mind that hydrosol and liquids alike expand up to 10 percent when frozen, which could possibly result in a broken glass bottle.
How do I know the products you carry are 100% pure, natural, and free of chemicals and pesticides?
- In order for essential oils to have a therapeutic effect we believe they must be pure plant extracts. The best way to assure the purity of each batch of oil is by testing the oil with Gas Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS). Every batch of oil purchased from a distiller or distributor is tested with GC/MS. We only buy from distillers and distributers who sell oils extracted from plants that have not been sprayed or treated with any chemicals.
Can I use a PET bottle to store blends in jojoba or with other carrier oils?
- Yes, you can use PET plastic to store essential oil blends mixed with a carrier oil, but we prefer using glass bottles.
If I have diluted essential oils in a carrier, can I store the blend in a glass bottle with a rubber dropper top?
- Essential oils, do not do well when in contact with rubber. The oils will eat away at the rubber and parts of the rubber might break down into the oils. Diluting essential oils in a carrier should be fine, keep checking the the top with use. For long term storage, use a regular cap without the rubber dropper.
Does the outside hot or cold climate effect products being shipped?
- Because your products are packaged well and if they are not sitting in direct sunlight, they should remain safe and unharmed until you are able to open the order. If you have purchased a solid carrier from us, the carrier will melt if left in the heat. Once it is placed in a cool, dark location, it will resolidify.
You don’t offer the products I’m looking for, what should I do?
- Please contact us with any special requests, we may be able to make what you are looking for, or purchase products through our reputable suppliers.
What payment methods do you offer?
- For online payment, we accept Pay Pal, Visa, Discover, Master Card, American Express and Bank Debit Cards.
- For payment with local pickup we accept Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Cash, Apple Pay, and Venmo. Checks are not accepted unless prior arrangements have been made.
Do you offer samples of your essential oils, blends or certain products?
- We do not send FREE samples at this time, instead we can offer an affordably priced 2 mL size for essential oils & blends, and a 1 oz size for products.
- Local customers can schedule a time to pickup a FREE scent sample consisting of a few drops or a small squirt/scoop of a product. Anything larger will have a cost.
Do you have a catalog?
- We do not have a catalog to offer you at this time.
Can you fill a unique blend of mine?
- We would be happy to assist you in that! Whether you give us a recipe to make or if you want us to create one for you, we are here to help. Please contact us with your request.
NOTE There will be an additional fee for our time in creating a blend, with an additional 1-2 week delivery allowance.
For all unanswered questions CONTACT US.